- You will have a good understanding of greenhouse environments and plant sciences, with an emphasis on seedling nutrition and cultural practices.
- You will have good leadership skills, as you will be responsible for the supervision of the growing team and seasonal crews of up to 100 people.
- A working knowledge of computer-based greenhouse climate controls would be a definite asset, as would be good familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- You should have completed a degree or diploma course in Horticulture or Plant Sciences, preferably with a specialization in greenhouse crops .
- Additionally, you should have extensive experience in the containerized production of tree seedlings, in greenhouse and outdoor compound environments.
In operation since 1985, The SilvaGro Partnership is one of the largest forest nursery companies in Canada, producing 45 million seedlings annually for clients throughout the Western Provinces. We provide growing and cold storage services from two sites: an outdoor compound facility near Kamloops, B.C., producing mainly pine seedlings, and a greenhouse facility in Quesnel growing primarily Spruce, Douglas Fir, and Larch trees. We also have a few positions available for Co-op and summer students.
We would be pleased to receive resumes with cover letters from interested candidates by email response to this posting.www.silvagronursery.com. We also encourage early-career graduates who are bright and ambitious to apply. Job Type: Full-time Salary: $70,000.00 /year for fully-qualified candidates, plus generous benefit package, performance bonus, and relocation assistance.
Required education: Diploma/Certificate Required experience: Horticulture or Greenhouse Management