Director of SalesDate Posted: October 01, 2019 - Date Ends: October 30, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Western Canada
- Company: CANTERRA SEEDS Ltd.
- Contact: Teri Berry
- Phone: (204) 934-8822
CANTERRA SEEDS is committed to sourcing genetically superior seed products that deliver agronomic and economic benefits for producers, while meeting end-user needs. With a versatile portfolio of cereals, pulses, and oilseeds, CANTERRA SEEDS seeks opportunities that allow for mutual success in the agriculture industry.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, CANTERRA SEEDS Ltd., the Director of Sales will be responsible for managing all administration and operational aspects of the sales team and developing sales activities to increase sales and profitability of seed products for CANTERRA SEEDS.
This role can be situated anywhere in western Canada.
• Manage and mentor the sales team to meet sales objectives for CANTERRA SEEDS, maximizing impact in the marketplace and return for our shareholders
• Develop and execute Territory Manager’s sales plans
• Support Territory Managers in achieving goals and objectives through the development of incentive programs and conducting annual performance evaluations
• Attend trade shows in support of Territory Managers
• Identify new sales opportunities with potential distribution partners
• Develop sales forecasts, budgets, strategic sales plans and expense controls at the field level to meet overall targets
• Establish and nurture a strong network of contacts and project a desirable image of CANTERRA SEEDS within the marketplace
• Works with the HR team to implement strategic and/or operational HR goals
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on agriculture, agribusiness, or sales & marketing
• 10 years’ experience in sales and sales management
• Prior experience developing sales strategies is desirable
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated leadership ability with a strong aptitude for motivating and coaching staff
• Ability to analyze data and industry trends
• Strong entrepreneurial focus with an emphasis on achieving profitable results
• Strong sense of urgency
• Highly detail oriented
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
If you would like more information about this position or CANTERRA SEEDS, visit http://bit.ly/Canterra-DOS or contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8822.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Newly completed 32-acre tomato greenhouse celebrates year-round harvestNatureFresh Farms is celebrating a 20-year growing milestone with a…
Producer to adopt more sustainable packagingSunset Produce has announced their plans to offer 100 per…
Evolving conference celebrates 40 yearsWhat first began as an idea to consolidate many small,…
Mixed containers: A grower’s guide to getting it rightAs a bedding plant grower, you want to grow the…
PMA Fresh SummitThu Oct 17, 2019
Advancing Women in AgricultureSun Oct 27, 2019
Opportunities in Greenhouses WorkshopFri Nov 08, 2019 @ 9:00am - 04:30pm
Green Industry ShowThu Nov 14, 2019
Expo FIHOQWed Nov 20, 2019
Great Lakes Growers Expo & Michigan Greenhouse Growers ExpoMon Dec 09, 2019