Cultivation ConsultantDate Posted: May 13, 2019 - Date Ends: November 29, 1999
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Canada - work from home
- Company: Cannabis Compliance Inc
- Contact: Georgia Nord
- Website: www.cannabiscomplianceinc.com
Cannabis Compliance Inc is the world’s largest cannabis compliance consulting firm, which is privately owned and based in Canada. With over 90 full time staff in expertise including cultivation, quality assurance, extraction, finance, sales, recruiting, education and security, our projects span the globe as cannabis regulation is adopted by international markets. As our clients are driven to excellence and exception, we provide complete support from product and facility design through to registration, manufacturing, testing, marketing, distribution, and beyond.
The Cultivation Consultant is primarily responsible for providing direction for all aspects of cultivation including facility layout, fertilizer and supply acquisition, correct propagation, vegetation and distribution of all flower and managing the overall cultivation environment. This individual will ensure that the facility is safe and compliant with all provincial, federal and local policies and laws.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, botany, business management or related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience in sustaining and managing legal large-scale cannabis cultivation operations strictly required. Preference will be given to those with a Master’s or Ph.D. in Horticulture or Agricultural.
- 5-10 years cultivation process and personnel management experience. Excellent mathematical, language, reasoning and communication skills.
- Must have previous experience with regulated inventory tracking systems.
- Must have high level of Cannabis Act and Regulations and become and remain current in knowledge of all local and provincial and federal laws and regulations relating to cannabis.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment and ability to make decisions as necessary.
- Experience with inventory control software.
- Ability to discern the quality of plant material and finished products.
CORE JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consulting of the cultivation process including cloning, transplanting, plant maintenance, pest management, destruction and product inventory management.
- Understand and able to follow all department SOPs and related forms to GPP, GACP and GMP Standards, including maintaining safe work conditions and practices throughout the cultivation area.
- Assure all cultivation procedures are executed properly and efficiently.
- Collect and review data to optimize yields for each strain and work collaboratively with the Research and Development team to continue improvements.
- Develop strain specific programs and advance the knowledge of cannabis plant properties and genetics for strain production within the cultivation team.
- Responsible for production and scheduling of all manufacturing duties, including planning from all stages and aspects of growth.
- Assess requested needs for the facility such as machinery, equipment and supplies.
- Schedule all cultivation duties for all stages and aspects of growth.
- Direct and coordinate all cultivation staff activities including, planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll and record keeping.
- Ensure all new employees and managers are trained in proper and preferred plant care techniques.
- Maintain plant counts and tracking information for inventory.
- Record information, such as production and cultivation management practices to better prepare reports for executives, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all weighing and recording of data is accurate.
- Maintains and oversees the Enterprise Resource System for cultivation.
- Coordinate growing activities with other departments such as Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing and Research & Development to ensure inventory needs are met at all times.
- General understanding of other Operational functional areas.
- Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and work flows.
- Travel up to 25%.
PASSION Our conviction that we are playing an integral role becomes a driving force that pushes us harder and sustains us through our challenges
INTEGRITY We serve our clients in an objective manner and do what is right in our professional view, irrespective of the consequences
COLLECTIVE OWNERSHIP Our comradery is the result of our collective ownership of our clients’ success – we “own the result”
HUMILITY We recognize that our success is built on that of our clients, and we serve them in a way that never takes that success for granted
To apply: https://cannabiscompliance.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=164
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
2019 Canadian Greenhouse Conference wraps upThe 2019 edition and 40th anniversary of the Canadian Greenhouse…
Call for reduced electricity indoor ag projectsOntario's greenhouse sector is growing fast, and a new report…
Producer to adopt more sustainable packagingSunset Produce has announced their plans to offer 100 per…
Evolving conference celebrates 40 yearsWhat first began as an idea to consolidate many small,…
Advancing Women in AgricultureSun Oct 27, 2019
Opportunities in Greenhouses WorkshopFri Nov 08, 2019 @ 9:00am - 04:30pm
Green Industry ShowThu Nov 14, 2019
Expo FIHOQWed Nov 20, 2019
Great Lakes Growers Expo & Michigan Greenhouse Growers ExpoMon Dec 09, 2019
IPM EssenTue Jan 28, 2020