Assistant Grower Quik's Farm Ltd. is a wholesale cut flower grower based in Chilliwack, BC, with over 8 acres of indoor growing space and 10 acres of seasonal outdoor. Quik’s Farm is geared towards the intense production of cut Chrysanthemums, Oriental Lilies, and Alstromeria, utilizing state of the art growing systems and leading edge technology to produce high quality products for our diverse customer base throughout Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest USA.
Currently there is a full time position available for assistant grower. This position presents a substantial career opportunity within the Quik’s Farm Team. We offer benefits and competitive wages based on commitment and value for our company.
- Preparing beds for planting programs and seeding trays for propagation.
- Monitoring crops: scouting for pests, diseases, or viruses, and ensuring optimum yield is achieved, with a preliminary focus in mother stock and propagation
- Performing spray applications, filling fertilizer recipes, and programing irrigation cycles
- ensure and perform proper cleanliness and hygienic measures o Help along with production as necessary
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in nursery industry (floriculture/horticulture)
- Tractor and forklift experience
- Formal college diploma in Horticulture an asset
- Effective verbal and written communication in English
- Valid pesticide applicators license o Knowledge and experience with climate control systems an asset