Assistant GrowerDate Posted: July 25, 2018 - Date Ends: December 08, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Company: Bakerview Greenhouses Inc.
- Contact: Eric
- Phone: (604) 996-1193
Bakerview Greenhouses Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and committed Greenhouse Assistant Grower for our 36-acre, Sweet Bell Pepper Greenhouse operation. In this position, you will maintain a "safety first" mentality and have a great appreciation that your greenhouse team is your biggest asset. You will work beside – and sometimes between – the Head Grower and the greenhouse employees to ensure the greenhouse produces top-quality Sweet Bell Peppers.
Bakerview Greenhouses Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic,motivated, and committed Greenhouse Assistant Grower for our 36-acre, Sweet Bell Pepper Greenhouse operation. You are a goal- and results-oriented person, showing confidence in all your work through competency, personal integrity, and responsibility. This is evident in your independent and collaborative leadership, which you display through professionalism, safety-consciousness and self-motivation. In this position, you will maintain a “safety-first” mentality and have a great appreciation that your greenhouse team is your biggest asset. You will work beside – and sometimes between – the Head Grower and the greenhouse employees to ensure the greenhouse produces top-quality Sweet Bell Peppers.
Your responsibilities at Bakerview Greenhouses Inc. include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Head Grower to achieve maximum yield with lowest costs while maintaining high-quality standards.
• Completing all Integrated Pest Management (IPM) tasks; biological orders, inputs and greenhouse sprays.
• Collaborating and maintaining the greenhouse operation with large or small repairs as needed by being hands-on and creative.
• Completing daily key operational checklists, including nutrition and fertilizer checks.
• Monitoring, operating and reporting greenhouse operations during scheduled rotations in collaboration with the Head Grower.
• Monitoring new variety trial work, as well as preparing and tracking cumulative picking totals.
• Participating in any required company committees and meetings, including health and safety, food-safety, and management meetings.
The successful candidate must have:
• A background in greenhouse operation through schooling and work experience.
• Strong people skills
• Computer literacy
• Must have good command of the English language, oral and written
• The ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing (Spanish or Punjabi is an asset).
• Strong observation, troubleshooting, and analytical abilities.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure. We offer the opportunity to work on a great team, freedom to succeed and grow, a competitive salary, and benefits – all while operating in the scenic landscapes and welcoming community of Abbotsford, B.C.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Lights on for greenhouse berriesWith greenhouse strawberries becoming increasingly popular among consumers, how can…
Managing the rootzone: Irrigation volumes and EC, WC graphsIn this article, we will focus on how to plan…
CGC'18 raises the bar yet againIf attendees thought the bar was set high from last…
How does a consumer value a plant?When a customer walks through your garden centre, how do…
Northeast Greenhouse Conference and ExpoWed Nov 07, 2018 @ 8:00am -
Saskatchewan Green Trades ConferenceThu Nov 08, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Expo FIHOQ 2018Wed Nov 14, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Green Industry Show 2018Thu Nov 15, 2018
Poinsettia Open HouseTue Nov 20, 2018 @10:00am - 02:30pm