Is Chelsea Flower Show on your bucket list?
Aug. 27, 2013, Long Island, NY – Cornell University’s Long Island
Horticultural Research & Extension Centre has organized a trip to
the Chelsea Flower Show and gardens of London next May 17-24.
Aug. 27, 2013, Long Island, NY – Cornell University’s Long Island Horticultural Research & Extension Centre has organized a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show and gardens of London next May 17-24.
The trip is a fundraiser for the Student Internship Fund at the Centre.
It has been organized with Collette Vacations, the only travel agency that is approved by the Royal Horticulture Society. Dr. Mark Bridgen, professor of horticulture, and his wife Margot will be the guides during this trip.
• The main highlight of the tour is a “members-only” tour of the Chelsea Flower Show on May 20.
• Another highlight of this tour is a day at the majestic Hampton Court Palace where you will explore one of Britain’s most important historic buildings.
• Another day will be spent at the Royal Botanic Garden at Kew. This 300-acre site houses one of the world’s great plant collections and is featured as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
• One morning will be spent at Windsor Castle, which William the Conqueror built back in the 1070s.
That afternoon, the group travels to Wisley Gardens, a stunning 60-acre estate that is the flagship of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS). Wisley houses an astounding array of common and exotic flora.
That night you will enjoy an exclusive RHS gala dinner at this world-renown garden beginning with cocktails in the glasshouse.
• Additional stops on the tour include Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey.
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
Those booking before Nov. 17 will save $200 per person. The cost of this trip includes roundtrip airfare from JFK, air taxes, fees, surcharges, hotel transfers from the airport, first-class hotel accommodations, admission to the events that are listed, bus transportation, and nine meals.
For additional information about the trip go to www.LongIslandHort.cornell.edu and click on the link under EVENTS. Feel free to share this information with your friends and family.
For more information, contact Bridgen at 631-765-9650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.