International Garden Festival kicks off in Quebec
June 25, 2012 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
June 25, 2012, Grand-Metis, QC — Twenty-six gardens are on display at the 13th International Garden Festival at Les jardins de Metis/Reford Gardens in eastern Quebec.
Designed by 64 landscape architects, architects and artists from Canada, Australia, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States, the gardens illustrate the extraordinary originality they bring to renewing the art of the garden.
The designs for conceptual gardens were chosen from 158 projects submitted to the jury after an international call for proposals. Extra-mural gardens were exhibited in London, England, as part of the inaugural edition of the new Chelsea Fringe Festival, and will be presented in Montreal, Mont-Joli, and Sainte-Flavie this summer.
New designers participating in this year's International Garden Festival include:
- ATLAS (Kimberly Garza and Andrew ten Brink) and Forbes Lipschitz
- Ekachai Pattamasattayasonthi and dL Studio (Tom Lee and Soren deNiord)
- atelier eem (Marc Blume, Francesca Liggieri and Estelle Nicod) and Héloïse Blanzat
- Laura B. Garófalo
- Les attentives (Chloé B. Fortin and Audrey Lavallée)
The festival also features a number of returning designers, including:
- asensio_mah (Leyre Asensio-Villoria and David Syn Chee Mah)
- Atelier le balto (Véronique Faucheur, Marc Pouzol and Marc Vatinel) and Kai Schiemenz
- Balmori Associates (Diana Balmori, Noémie Lafaurie-Debany and Sarah Falbe-Hansen)
- Claude Cormier
- Rosetta Sarah Elkin
- Thilo Folkerts of 100landschaftsarchitektur and Rodney Latourelle
- Jane Hutton and Adrian Blackwell
- Hal Ingberg
- Ken Smith Workshop (Ken Smith, Hardy Stecker and Frank Barbour)
- Legge Lewis Legge (Andrea Legge, Deborah Lewis and Murray Legge)
- MVVA (Michael Van Valkenburgh, Scott Streeb and Joe Bivona)
- Deborah Nagan
- NIPpaysage (Mathieu Casavant, Josée Labelle, Michel Langevin, Mélanie Mignault, Georges-Étienne Parent, Claude Cournoyer, Sylvain Lenoir and Émilie Bertrand-Villemure)
- North Design Office (Pete and Alissa North)
- relais Landschaftsarchitekten (Gero Heck and Marianne Mommsen)
- Heather Ring, Brenda Parker and Synnøve Fredericks
- spmb (Eduardo Aquino and Karen Shanski), Ralf Glor, Matt Baker and Martin Gagnon
- Studio Bryan Hanes (Bryan Hanes, Jose Menendez, Yadiel Rivera Diaz and Brenna Herpmann) and DIGSAU (Jules Dingle, Jeff Goldstein, Mark Sanderson, Jamie Unkefer and Aaron Jezzi)
- Terragram (Vladimir Sitta, Anita Madura and Robert Faber)
- Topotek1 (Martin Rein-Cano and Lorenz Dexler)
Created in 2000, the International Garden Festival is the premier festival dedicated to the creation and exhibition of conceptual gardens in North America. Since its inaugural edition, the festival has presented more than 130 gardens by over 500 designers from around the world and attracted more than 750,000 visitors.
The 2012 International Garden Festival runs through Sept. 30. For more information, visit www.refordgardens.com.
Print this page