Those interested should have at least one year’s experience in greenhouse production. Topics include:
- Discussion of water and growing media.
- Function of nutrients in the plants.
- How to take media and foliar samples and the interpretation of the results.
- How to diagnose nutrient disorders.
- How to prepare a fertilizer program.
Included will be a look at reducing fertilizer input without affecting plant quality.
Each student will be provided with a syllabus, which will cover the study material. Instructors include Dr. Theo Blom of the University of Guelph, head grower Albert Grimm of Jeffery’s Greenhouses, and greenhouse floriculture specialist Wayne Brown of OMAFRA.
Pre-registration is required by contacting Lynn Postma at Flowers Canada Ontario at 800-698-0113.
The cost is $150 (GST included). Cheques are to be payable to Flowers Canada Ontario. The minimum number of students is 12, while the maximum is 25.