IGC Show selects best new products
At last month’s Independent Garden Center Show in Chicago, a panel of leading IGC
retailers selected the best
products in eight categories from show vendors.
Sept. 10, 2010 – At last month’s Independent Garden Center Show in Chicago, a panel of six leading IGC
retailers from across North America were tasked with scouting the best
products in eight categories from vendors exhibiting at Chicago’s Navy
Pier. The winners of this year’s 2010 IGC Best of Show Awards are:
– Birding – Droll Yankees’ Onyx Clever Clean Feeder
– Controls and Fertilizers – FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company’s Happy Frog and Peace of Mind Lines
– Gifts and Statuary – Napa Home & Garden’s FireLites
– Grow Your Own – Burgon & Ball’s Home Allotment Line
– Outdoor Living – Artefx’s Outdoor Canvas Art
– Plants – Proven Winners ColorChoice Invincibelle Spirit Hydrangea
– Pottery – Woolly Pocket Wall Planters
– Sustainable – Packing Pearls Pot Filler
their initial search, the IGC panelists evaluated products on the show
floor, considering whether they would list the item for the coming
season, where and how they would merchandise and promote it, what
marketing and advertising support it would receive from the vendor,
whether it would replace an existing stocked product and what product
development opportunities it offered.
Following the initial
selection, the top products in each category were discussed and scored
from one to five under each of the following criteria: retailers’
“likelihood to purchase,” whether it “solves a problem,” its
“uniqueness” and whether it is “inspiring.” The company and product
scoring the most number of points in each category was awarded Best of
Show for that category.
“IGC vendors are such an important part
of independent garden centers’ success, and we’re proud to honor these
standouts selected by the panelists,” says Jeff Morey, IGC Show Founder
and Publisher of Nursery Retailer magazine.
looking to get inspired – and inspire their customers – and these
winners do just that,” says Cheryl Morey, IGC Show Founder the Publisher
of Garden Chic magazine.
Next year’s IGC Show returns to Navy Pier, Chicago, August 16-18, 2011.
Print this page