Oct. 26, 2011 – HortEast, Atlantic Canada’s horticulture trade show and conference, will be held at the Moncton Coliseum Complex on November 21-23, 2011 and now is the time to register.
Oct. 26, 2011 – HortEast, Atlantic Canada’s horticulture trade show and
conference, will be held at the Moncton Coliseum Complex on Nov. 21-23, 2011 and now is the time to register.
There will be lots of new and exciting offerings at this years event including six "mix and match" pre-show workshops on Monday as well as a demo area on the trade show floor on Tuesday and Wednesday that will include free hands on demonstrations for staff and owners alike. The trade show will feature 100 booths – this is your chance to meet with industry suppliers all in one convenient place, to get prepared for 2012.
NEW – Free Demo Area included with your trade show registration – make sure to bring your staff to check out the following demonstrations on Tuesday and Wednesday:
· Plant Layout Competitions
· Tree Grafting Demonstration
· Landscape Industry Certified Designer Portfolio Workshops
· Winter Container Gardening Demonstrations and Competition
· Live Demo of Unilock Elements from Shaw Brick
· Arborist Climbing Demonstrations
In addition to the trade show and demonstrations, the following conference seminars will be available to delegates on Tuesday, Nov. 22 and Wednesday, Nov. 23:
· "Maximizing the value of every minute in your day – Improved Time Management", "Improved Communications for Increased Profitability" and "Strategic Planning for the Green Industry" seminars with Daniel Tremblay (LMI Canada, Moncton NB)
· "Plants that Like It Hot: Both Tender Treasures and Hardy Garden Perennials" seminar with Paul Zammit (Toronto Botanical Garden, Toronto ON)
· "Water features: Design & Construction Fundamentals" and "What it takes to win a National Award" seminars with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON)
· "Food gardening – where it's going and its huge potential" and "Value Adding" seminars with Brian Minter (Minter Gardens, Chilliwack BC)
· "Sustainable Environmental Practices – for landscape, construction, horticulture and agriculture" seminar with Rod Fry (Envirem Organics Inc., Fredericton NB)
· "New Air spade tree transplanting technology" seminar with Stan Kochanoff (Environova Planning Group Inc., Falmouth NS)
· "Is My Phone Smarter than Your Phone?" and "New Media Strategies for the Green Industry" seminars with Bill Hardy (Northwest Landscape & Stone Supply, Burnaby BC)
· "The Intrapreneur Advantage – Developing Employees Who Think and Work Like Entrepreneurs" and "Less Waste, More Profit." seminars with Mike Lysecki (Landscape Management Network, Markham ON)
A number of half day pre-show workshops are also being offered on Monday November 21st:
· "Beyond the Visual: Thoughtful Project Design" with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON) – Landscape Designer Workshop
· "Toxicology, Agronomy, and Mineral vs. Organic Soils" with Glen Sampson (Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro NS) – Landscape Maintenance Workshop
· "Planning and Planting for all Seasons of Interest" with Paul Zammit (Toronto Botanical Garden, Toronto ON) – Retail Garden Centre / Greenhouse Grower Workshop
· "Building Naturalistic Landscapes & Water Features That Will Impact Your Clients Lives" with Randy Tumber (Tumber & Associates, Orangeville ON) –Landscape Construction Workshop
· "Maintaining Turf Without the Use of Pesticides – Issues and Challenges, and New Products Available for Pest Control" with Glen Sampson (Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro NS) – Landscape Maintenance Workshop
· "The changing relevancy of our industry to today's demographics" with Brian Minter (Minter Gardens, Chilliwack BC) – Retail Garden Centre / Greenhouse Grower Workshop
By taking part in certain demonstrations, workshops and seminars you will be entitled to Continuing Education Credits through the Atlantic Region Certification Committee (ARCC), Plant Health Atlantic (PHA), and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA). Exam opportunities will also be available on Monday November 21st through the ARCC, PHA and ISA.
Lots of networking opportunities will also take place over the course of the three days including a Welcome Reception on Monday November 21st at the Crowne Plaza Hotel from 8-10pm, an Opening Ceremony on Tuesday November 22nd at the Moncton Coliseum Complex at 10am with the Mayor of Moncton, the Minister of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, and the Director of Apprenticeship in NB, and our always popular Kitchen Party on Tuesday November 22nd from 7-10pm at The Old Cosmo – all free to attend with your registration!
Don't forget to register your staff for this years event, to take part in demonstrations, workshops, exam opportunities, and networking – this is a great chance to get inspired and to reward them with a fun and informative couple of days after a year of hard work!
For more information or to register, visit www.horteast.ns.ca.
Print this page