Highlights from the California Spring Trials
April 11, 2017 By Dave Harrison
April 11, 2017 – Last week we toured the California Spring Trials, viewing first hand the amazing breeding work underway along with some of the retail marketing programs.
There was so much to view, and in short, the market in new varieties has never been more vibrant. Growers will have no shortage of new items to bring to their benches for 2018.
Our full report will be included in our summer editions, but in the meantime, here are some teasers from the six days of touring.
• Day One of the California Spring Trials.
• ‘Dinner is served’… on Day 2 of Spring Trials.
• Day 3: ‘If It’s Monday, It Must be San Luis Obispo’
• Day Four…and a 40th anniversary.
• Day 5: Growing plants, growing experts.
Print this page