Growing Horticulture Roundtable: Part 4 – Opportunities
December 6, 2021 By Greenhouse Canada, Fruit & Vegetable magazines
Where are the opportunities for engaging the next generation of horticulturalists? Could technological advances open up more possibilities or hinder them?
In the final video of our four-part Growing Horticulture roundtable series, our grower, educator and industry panellists discuss the ways in which the sector can collectively communicate and promote career opportunities that exist in horticulture.
Featuring panelists from across the sector:
- Stephanie Slaman of John Slaman Greenhouses, Ont.
- Dusty Zamecnik of EZ Grow Farms, Ont.
- Kim Wickwire of Olds College, Alta.
- Laura Bryce of Kwantlen Polytechnic University, B.C.
- Niki Bennett of Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers, Ont.
- Tania Humphrey of Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, Ont.
Catch up on the first three videos in the series now: an introduction to our panellists, their perspectives on current challenges and barriers, and what they consider to be an ideal candidate.
For a perspective from long-time supplier and roundtable sponsor, A.M.A. Horticulture, watch their special In the Spotlight video.
Want the original roundtable experience? Look for the full, mostly uncut version available on Youtube.
Thank you to sponsor A.M.A. Horticulture for making this roundtable possible.
Print this page