Greenhouse IPM 101 focus of workshop
By Dave Harrison
Jan. 29, 2016, Vineland Station, Ont. — Greenhouse IPM will be the focus of a Feb. 25 workshop at Vineland Research and Innovation Centre.
“Greenhouse IPM 101: Basic IPM Techniques for Insects, Mites and Diseases” will be held in Rittenhouse Hall.
The agenda includes:
• Greenhouse pest identification.
• Review of IPM basics.
• Strategies for optimizing IPM for insects, mites and diseases.
• Dr. Sarah Jandricic, greenhouse floriculture IPM specialist with OMAFRA.
• Dr. Rose Buitenhuis, research scientist and biological control specialist at Vineland.
• Ashley Summerfield, a research technician at Vineland.
An advanced class on biocontrol and its integration into IPM will be offered this summer.
The cost is $50 per person, and includes lunch and materials.
For more information, contact Jandricic at 905-562-4141, ext. 106, or email@example.com.
To register, contact Flowers Canada Ontario at 519-836-5495, ext. 221.