Great fragrance and colour with latest AAS Winner
Feb. 9, 2017, Downers Grove, IL – Petunia Evening Scentsation F1 is among the latest All-America Selections Winners.
It is a regional winner, being selected in the Heartland, Great Lakes, West/Northwest region.
Evening Scentsation, bred by Takii & Co., Ltd., is the first petunia to receive an AAS award for its lovely fragrance and stunning colour. This is “one of the best blue petunias I have seen, nice mounding and spreading habit. Excellent fragrance too,” wrote one judge.
Evening Scentsation’s fragrance has notes of hyacinth, sweet honey and rose. As the name implies, the scent is stronger in the evening hours, though it can be experienced throughout the day as well. Scent is perceived differently by each individual.
Evening Scentsation is a medium-sized multiflora type, reaching a height of 5-8 inches, and a width of 30-35 inches and will work well in containers, hanging baskets and in mass.
It was one of eight 2017/18 AAS Winners named earlier this year, along with:
• Bean, Pole Seychelles (National).
• Pepper, Aji Rico F1 (National).
• Pepper, Chili Pie F1 (National).
• Pepper, Sweetie Pie F1 (Regional-Heartland, Northeast, Southeast).
• Squash, Sugaretti F1 (Regional-Southeast).
• Tomato, Midnight Snack F1 (National).
• Watermelon Gold in Gold F1 (National).
PREVIOUS 2017 AAS WINNERS
The previously announced AAS Winners for 2017 are:
• Celosia, Asian Garden (National).
• Dianthus, Supra Pink F1 (National).
• Fennel, Antares F1 (National).
• Geranium, Calliope® Medium Dark Red (National).
• Okra, Candle Fire F1 (National).
• Pea, Patio Pride (Regional-Southeast).
• Penstemon, Twizzle Purple (Regional-Heartland and Southeast).
• Pepper, Mad Hatter F1 (National).
• Squash, Honeybaby F1 (Regional-Heartland).
• Tomato, Chef’s Choice Yellow F1 (Regional-Southeast).
• Tomato, Patio Choice Yellow F1 (National).
• Verbena, EnduraScape™ Pink Bicolor (National).
• Vinca, Mega Bloom Orchid Halo F1 (National).
• Vinca, Mega Bloom Pink Halo F1 (National).
• Watermelon, Mini Love F1 (National).
• Zinnia, Profusion Red (National).
MARKETING ASSISTANCE FROM ALL-AMERICA SELECTIONS
Retailers and consumers will find these AAS Winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain. Each AAS Winner will be marketed through an extensive social media and public relations campaign.