FFCO launches photo contest on Canada’s Ag Day
Categories include crops being grown in greenhouses.
February 16, 2023 By Greenhouse Canada
Farm & Food Care Ontario (FFCO) launched a farm photo contest on Canada’s Agriculture Day (Feb. 15), with $4,000 in cash prizes available in six categories.
The not-for-profit organization may use winning photos in the upcoming sixth edition of The Real Dirt on Farming, a publication that answers common questions about food and farming practices in Canada, as well as in its other initiatives.
- Canadian Farm Scenes – The beauty of Canada’s rural landscape.
- Faces Behind Food & Farming – From farmers to chefs and everyone in between, all the people who make food and farming possible doing what they love.
- All About Animals – Farm animals in the barn or field.
- Farm Innovation – Technology at work on Canadian farms.
- Crazy about Crops – Crops being grown in greenhouses, fields and orchards across Canada.
- Farm to Plate – Fresh and nutritious food grown and produced in Canada.
Each category offers a $350 first prize, $200 second prize and $100 third prize. Also, any non-winning photo used in The Real Dirt on Farming will win $50.
The deadline for entries is July 1. For more information, including contest rules, eligibility, format, identification and judging, visit www.farmfoodcareon.org/photo-contest.
Print this page