Farwest Show announces seminar line up
June 1, 2012 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
June 1, 2012, Portland, OR — Organizers have announced the full docket of professional seminars scheduled for this year's Farwest Show.
In total, 45 speakers will lead 29 seminars during the show, which takes place Aug. 23 to 25 at the Oregon Convention Centre in Portland, Ore.
“Farwest seminars are designed to provide some of the most valuable professional development in the nursery, landscape and garden center businesses,” show director Allan Niemi said. “And this year’s lineup is one of our best in a decade.”
Highlights at this year's show will include:
- E-Newsletters that Work with award-winning email marketer and humourist Michael Katz
- The Wide World of Maples panel discussion with nursery industry experts Mark Krautmann, Keith Warren and Nancy Buley
- New Xpectations of Customer Service in 2012 with customer retention pro Anne Obarski
- Inventory and Price Strategies for Healthy Margins: The Merchant Advantage with garden centre business consultant Sid Raisch
- Pesticides and Biological Control: Are These Two Strategies Compatible? with horticulture professor Dr. Raymond Cloyd
- Cost Accounting: How to Make the Most Out of Your Bottom Line with horticulture professor Dr. Charlie Hall
For the full seminar schedule, visit www.farwestshow.com/seminarschedule.
Print this page