Expo to highlight ‘holidayscaping’
September 16, 2014 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
Sept. 16, 2014, Milton, ON – Landscape Ontario's Garden & Floral
Expo will offer a sneak peek at the latest trends in winter décor – a
key profit centre for garden retailers.
This year's Expo, which runs Oct. 22 and 23 at the Toronto Congress Centre, will shine a spotlight on "holidayscaping."
“Retailers can inspire customers with offerings of fresh greens, plants, seasonal containers and fragrant aromas that will enhance indoor and outdoor decorating,” said Heather MacRae, director of events and trade shows for Landscape Ontario. “The holidayscaping lunch workshop at Expo will help interior landscape professionals and retailers ensure they have what customers are looking for the upcoming season, and help extend their season into Canada’s colder winter months.”
Yves Renaud, vice-president of operations at Planterra, and Marc Prudhomme, project manager at Planterra, will explore topics ranging from thematic décor and interior plantscapes to green walls and plants. The holidayscaping session will offer tips on what people want to buy, how to market your holiday offerings and who your customers may be.
Holidayscaping is just one of several topics and special events lined up for Expo this year. Other highlights for 2014 will include:
- Brand-name vendors who have served the industry since the show’s inception 15 years ago
- New vendors showcasing their products for the first time
- Hundreds of new and green products to excite customers for the 2015 winter and spring seasons
- Dynamic speakers presenting "Top 10 Tips" for business growth
- Workshops on seasonal staffing, strategies for retail success, winter florals and making brands matter
- Launch of Inspired Design Day, presented by our sister publication Canadian Florist magazine, featuring accredited floral designers demonstrating innovative designs to make businesses blossom
- Landscape Ontario’s Awards of Excellence Ceremony for garden centres and growers
For more information about Garden & Floral Expo, visit www.loexpo.com.
Print this page