The program, exhibitor and sponsorship details have been finalized for the 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference, to be held in Quebec City Feb. 27 to March 1.
Recent years have seen the emergence of wood pellet heating in various applications and industries. Highly common in Europe, the development of this renewable fuel in Canada is in its early stages and shows great potential.
The 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Heating Conference is the first event strictly dedicated to wood pellet heating in Canada.
Organized by the Wood Pellet Association of Canada and the Quebec Wood Export Bureau, this event will allow you to learn, share and discuss issues and opportunities regarding the wood pellets heating sector. The goal is to introduce the concept and the benefits of modern pellet-based heating systems to a wider audience, from consumers and small businesses to heating specialists and installers, agricultural professionals and more.
The conference will treat a wide range of topics: the Canadian heating market, international development, environmental aspects, installation and innovation in heating systems, the regulatory framework, distribution network, and more.
Who should attend?
The conference and trade show is aimed at anyone looking for a way to put Canada’s heating mix on a more sustainable footing. This includes:
- Professionals of the wood pellet industry: pellets producers, distributors, manufacturers or distributors of stoves or pellet boilers, retailers, heating supplies installers, etc.
- HPAC professionals looking to diversify their offerings.
- Agricultural professionals, especially those looking for alternatives to oil, coal or propane.
- Building professionals: architects, engineers, operators of heating systems, etc.
- Economic development officers.
- Environmental organizations.
- Professionals of the insurance business.
- Remote communities.
- Potential clients.
How to register
Conference fees are $200 (taxes not included) for all the activities of the conference and the trade show. An online registration form for the participant is available here.
Hotel reservations should be made as soon as possible, either online or by calling the Hilton Quebec City at 1-800-447-2411 or 418-646-6500 and mentioning Wood Pellet Conference to get access to the conference rate of $159/night +TX.
Here's the program
The 2013 Canadian Wood Pellet Conference will cover a wide range of topics, getting underway with pellet heating site visits on Feb. 27. Look for more details of these visits on this site. The conference offers simultaneous translation between French and English for all presentations.
Site visits from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• SESSION 1 – MARKETS AND TRENDS : The Canadian and international wood pellet situation.
• SESSION 2 – PELLETS HEATING APPLIANCES: Great potential, vast possibilities!
• SESSION 3 – ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND SUSTAINABILITY: How pellet heating systems are sustainable for the environment?
• SESSION 4 – PANEL SESSION: Challenges related to wood pellets heating in Canada ... how to set this energy option as a fuel of the future?
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• SESSION 5 – CASE STUDIES/RESIDENTIAL HEATING: Experiences and testimonials ... examples of projects that work!
• SESSION 6 – CASE STUDIES/COMMERCIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL: Experiences and testimonials ... examples of projects that work!
The Pellet Industry Trade Show will run Feb. 28 and March 1.