Eight startups chosen for Indoor AgTech program
November 19, 2020 By Greenhouse Canada
Sente Foundry LLC, in partnership with GrowRay Lighting Technologies, has selected eight startups to participate in their Indoor AgTech program, which has already begun and will take place virtually through December 2020.
“During the Indoor AgTech program, startups work with the Sente and GrowRay teams using a structured process that better prepares them to attract serious investors and customers and places them in a fast-moving, talented ecosystem of indoor agriculture entrepreneurs,” says spokesperson Jen Peterson. “At the end of the program, at least three startups will be selected to pilot their technologies in a state-of-the-art growing facility and possibly receive additional investment.”
Sente put out a call for applicants this past summer. Eight startups were ultimately selected :
- AgEye Technologies (https://ageyetech.com/) – with offices in the US and India, AgEye Technologies develops technology that helps indoor farms become sustainable and scalable through significant reductions in operational costs.
- CO2 GRO Inc. (https://www.co2gro.ca/) – uses their patented advanced CO2 Delivery Solutions to accelerate the growth of all value plants safely, economically, and naturally. CO2 GRO Inc. is based in Canada.
- FloEnvy (https://www.floenvy.com/) – maker of cannabis cultivation software that captures each decision on the ground in real-time so that growers can manage their cultivation from one place at all times.
- Grownetics (https://grownetics.co/) – founded to solve the world’s agricultural inefficiencies, Grownetics’ grow optimization platform leverages the latest sensing and automation tools to make growing the best plants easier than before.
- PhenoLogic (https://phenologic.com/) – automates a complex part of plant & crop production, saving money and time while increasing production yields. PhenoLogic is based in Michigan.
- iShence AgTech (https://ishence-grow.com/) – an Israeli Agtech company aiming to provide growers with affordable and effective solutions combining agronomic knowledge with cutting edge technology.
- R.O.A.B. (https://innovationlabs.harvard.edu/current-team/r-o-a-b/) – Part of Harvard Innovation Labs, R.O.A.B Technologies is building a series of autonomous agriculture devices starting with a solar-powered roving mini laboratory built to provide farmers with analyses that can increase their productive efficiency by more than 50% while at the same time mitigating the ecological damage that farming can create.
- Universal Grow Controls (http://universalgrowcontrols.com/) – Denver-based company that helps growers manage their environmental controls, including CO2 enrichment, irrigation, and fertigation from anywhere in the world.
Sente’s Indoor AgTech program features an intense set of activities to analyze and evaluate participating startups, connecting them with indoor and greenhouse customers, and introducing them to indoor AgTech investors and service providers.
Print this page