Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers AGM
Dec. 18, 2014, Leamington, Ont. — The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) elected five directors to the board for the 2014 – 2015 year during their annual general meeting.
The voting resulted in five members being elected to the board of directors for a two-year term:
• James Cornies (Cornies Farms) – District 1.
• Paul Mastronardi (Mastron Enterprises Limited) – District 1.
• Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres) – District 1.
• Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Mike Vanderzwet (St. David’s Hydroponics) – District 2.
They will join the following five board members whose terms continue through to Oct. 31, 2015:
• Tony Coppola (Coppola Farms) – District 1.
• Jordan Kniaziew (Orangeline Farms) – District 1.
• Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms) – District 2.
• James Neven (Neven Produce) – District 2.
The following directors were elected to chair committees.
• Energy & Environmental Committee – Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses).
• Finance Committee – Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses).
• Food Safety Committee – James Cornies (Cornies Farms).
• Marketing Committee – Jordan Kniaziew (Orangeline Farms).
• Research Committee – Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms).
The OGVG is a not-for-profit organization representing approximately 215 farmers who grow greenhouse tomato, cucumber and bell pepper crops in Ontario.
The organization, formed in 1967, lobbies and conducts research on behalf of the Ontario greenhouse growers. OGVG also promotes greenhouse vegetables through various media and tradeshows.
For more information, visit www.ontariogreenhouse.com.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Global applicants called for Dutch cannabis classA new two-week intensive cannabis production course has just been…
Canadian packaging recognized in BerlinA Canadian food-service and packaging company took home the bronze…
Mobile app lends support to foreign workersThere’s a new mobile app for international farm workers in…
BC cannabis growers excluded from carbon tax reliefGreenhouse carbon tax relief grant applications are now being accepted…
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysTue Mar 05, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysThu Mar 07, 2019
Canada BloomsFri Mar 08, 2019
CHC AGMWed Mar 13, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
China International Floriculture & Horticulture Trade FairSun Mar 17, 2019