Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers AGM
Dec. 18, 2014, Leamington, Ont. — The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) elected five directors to the board for the 2014 – 2015 year during their annual general meeting.
The voting resulted in five members being elected to the board of directors for a two-year term:
• James Cornies (Cornies Farms) – District 1.
• Paul Mastronardi (Mastron Enterprises Limited) – District 1.
• Jim Slater (Sunsation Acres) – District 1.
• Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Mike Vanderzwet (St. David’s Hydroponics) – District 2.
They will join the following five board members whose terms continue through to Oct. 31, 2015:
• Tony Coppola (Coppola Farms) – District 1.
• Jordan Kniaziew (Orangeline Farms) – District 1.
• Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses) – District 2.
• Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms) – District 2.
• James Neven (Neven Produce) – District 2.
The following directors were elected to chair committees.
• Energy & Environmental Committee – Jan VanderHout (Beverly Greenhouses).
• Finance Committee – Naunihal Gill (eNature Greenhouses).
• Food Safety Committee – James Cornies (Cornies Farms).
• Marketing Committee – Jordan Kniaziew (Orangeline Farms).
• Research Committee – Marco Hoogenboom (Hoogenboom Farms).
The OGVG is a not-for-profit organization representing approximately 215 farmers who grow greenhouse tomato, cucumber and bell pepper crops in Ontario.
The organization, formed in 1967, lobbies and conducts research on behalf of the Ontario greenhouse growers. OGVG also promotes greenhouse vegetables through various media and tradeshows.
For more information, visit www.ontariogreenhouse.com.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Senate to study Foreign Workers ProgramThis week, the Senate's Standing Committee on Agriculture and Forestry…
Lights on for greenhouse berriesWith greenhouse strawberries becoming increasingly popular among consumers, how can…
CGC'18 raises the bar yet againIf attendees thought the bar was set high from last…
Are you lighting for optimum plant growth?Light is a prerequisite for photosynthetic activity for all crops…
Ozone Pro Greenhouse Water Recycling SystemWed Oct 17, 2018 @ 5:00pm - 08:00pm
PMA Fresh SummitFri Oct 19, 2018
Northeast Greenhouse Conference and ExpoWed Nov 07, 2018 @ 8:00am -
Saskatchewan Green Trades ConferenceThu Nov 08, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
Expo FIHOQ 2018Wed Nov 14, 2018 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm