Regional Product Manager Potted Plants
Posted on October 13, 2021
Dümmen Orange is looking for a Regional Product Manager for Interior Potted Crops to be located in Ontario, Canada.
Our organization grows and flourishes, resulting in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As a Regional Product Manager for Interior Potted Crops, you will work alongside colleagues to lead and execute business objective-oriented multidisciplinary programs aimed at product category success by shepherding product innovation focused on customer-based market needs. The categories of plants may include Kalanchoe, Potted Mums, Saintpaulia, and others.
Through our broker partnerships, the regional product manager will be working throughout North America, supporting our products at the wholesale grower level and with key retailers.
Provides indirect leadership to individuals, peers, and teams while complying with company policies.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and execute an actionable regional plan for assigned product categories based on the global product strategy and crop business plan.
- Execute the annual regional plan, review, and provide feedback on performance.
- Translate business to product requirements for breeding and production teams, including industry/market disruptions and innovations.
- Contribute to go-to-market approaches and drive regional implementation.
- Drive product innovation, launch, and portfolio management.
- Responsible for end-to-end North American regional market assessment.
- Participate in selected visits to market stakeholders, including key accounts, brokers, distributors, agents, and channel partners.
- Direct fit-to-ship trials, leverage targeted grower facilities, and participate in fit-for-purpose trials.
- Contribute to regional production, marketing, and sales plan for assigned product categories.
- Represent the North American region in Product Team meetings.
- Contribute to the Global Strategy for assigned crop categories.
- Degree in Horticulture, Plants Science, Business or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in greenhouse production, breeding, or sales, preferably with young plants or floriculture.
- Experience working with multi-national teams, decision-making, and short-term accomplishments orientation to drive more significant results.
- Proficiency in English skills oral and written, additional languages (French, Dutch, German or Spanish) are an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, mastering of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong networker and facilitator, tactical mid-term orientation, acts on the market and technological developments, building collaborative relationships with global breeding/technical experts and regional commercial lead.
- Makes things happen and follows through in execution, team player, encourages professionalism.
- The Regional Product Manager is a remote position and will require maintaining a home office.
- The position also requires substantial travel to growers and greenhouses and working in those conditions.
- Ability to safely lift and move computers and peripherals up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to safely lift computer paper and misc. supplies up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to sit in confined spaces for prolonged periods.
- Ability to do air travel on an as-needed basis.
Travel: As dictated by business needs, up to 50%.
Dümmen Orange has strong global ambitions. Innovation, technology, and quality are high priorities; this results in a challenging working environment to develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is essential.
The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to an extensive marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in its staff’s health, safety, and personal development.
To apply, see the job posting here: https://na.dummenorange.com/site/en/vacancies/detail?job=regional-product-manager-potted-plants-625