Logistics Support Specialist
Location: Leamington, Ont.
Posted on October 19, 2021
Are you interested in a Logistics Support Specialist Position that entails daily interaction with customers in combination with handling logistics, supporting office management and inventory responsibilities related to greenhouse vegetable seeds? Do you have experience in vegetable industry or the seed business? Do you have a passion for agriculture? If so, apply for the Logistics Support Specialist full-time position in Leamington, Ontario, Canada.
The Customer Service/Logistics Support Specialist is responsible for supporting office management and administrative tasks, seed storage room, handling orders, seed shipments, and all supportive tasks relating to these functions. Forecasting and Planning support, as well as communication with RZ USA & RZ Netherlands office is required.
Logistics, Customer Service & Administrative Duties
- Handles phone orders and data entry
- Enters shipment information, email confirmation of delivery and prepares billing
- Organizes all necessary documentation for Fruit Crop (LMV, Certificate of Origin, germ, etc.)
- Provides excellent day-to-day customer support; troubleshoots customer and collection issues.
- Communicates with RZ Netherlands and RZUSA about supply, logistics and quality
- Verifies quality with sales planning and customer requests
- Supports, discusses and make sales plans with Crop Specialists
- Supports dealers in making their projection plans.
- Administrative and Accounting Support as needed (i.e., open mail, accounts receivable, collections, accounts payables, bank deposits, purchasing supplies, coordinating events, filing, vendor management support)
- Organizes and implements seed shipments
- Keeps accurate records of seed shipments received and delivered
- Keeps accurate records and organizes stored inventory in the Inventory Storage Room
- Maintains a clean Inventory Storage Room environment
- Some physical requirements- lifting small boxes, reaching, use of hand pallet jack (occasionally)
- Monitors germination data and updates labels when necessary
- Degree or Diploma in business administration, secretarial science, or administrative studies.
- Team oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including database entry and ability to learn new programs
- Highly motivated, and the ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility
- Excitement about building and maintaining relationships with customers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Adapt readily to change
- Valid Canada Driver’s License
Excellent Full Benefits to include Health, Dental and Group Pension Plan
Please upload your resume and cover letter to https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4078949
You can address your cover letter to Loretta Brown, Office Manager.
If you experience trouble with the link, please contact Loretta Brown for assistance at L.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our human resources department will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. You will hear from us as soon as possible.
Rijk Zwaan: your new employer?
Rijk Zwaan is an international family company with a people-oriented culture. Rijk Zwaan is right at the start of the food chain. We develop vegetable varieties, sell and produce seeds globally. From our strategic position, we contribute to the health and well-being of people all over the world. Everything we do is about growth. The growth of natural products that we export around the world. The growth of our company, which currently employs over 3,000 people in more than 30 countries. Above all the growth of our people: we give you every opportunity to use your own initiative and achieve your full potential. Working with colleagues to produce the best and tastiest vegetables. Reinforcing, helping and inspiring one another. That is how we want to continuously work together towards a healthy future.