Greenhouse Supervisor – Lufa Farms
Posted on June 23, 2022
The Greenhouse Supervisor is responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of the greenhouse. The Supervisor participates in the hiring, coaching, and evaluation of greenhouse staff, schedules work in the team’s calendars based on operational needs, works alongside the team to ensure work is done, maintains high safety standards in the greenhouse, and schedules maintenance and repairs. The Supervisor also monitors all greenhouse activities to ensure the health of the plants and quality of the harvest is optimized. We welcome candidates with great supervisory experience to apply, even if they’ve never worked in a greenhouse! We can teach you that part.
• At least 2 years experience managing a team;
• An excellent coach and communicator;
• Must be physically and mentally able to maintain cruising speed during 8 hours of physical labour in a hot and humid environment;
• Capable walking, bending, lifting for extended periods;
• Must own a car and have a valid driver’s licence.
• Experience with greenhouse labour.
• Typical schedule is Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, 45 hours/week;
• Please note that the schedule is subject to change, due to season, plant health, and crop changes.
Compensation & benefits:
• Salary to be determined based on experience and knowledge of the candidate.
• You’ll be eligible to participate in the firm’s health insurance, dental and disability programs after completion of the probationary period (paid 50% by the employee and 50% by Lufa Farms);
• Access to TELUS Health Virtual Care (direct contact to health professionals by phone, video, or chat) and the Employee and Family Assistance Program (professional, short-term counselling, covering a broad range of interpersonal issues);
• Discount on your Lufa Farms basket.
When you apply, be sure to include:
• Name of the position you’re applying for;
• Attach your CV (no longer than one page unless you have a compelling reason);
• Let us know what you’re looking for in terms of compensation.
Click here to apply.