Director of Sales
Posted on December 5, 2019
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, CANTERRA SEEDS Ltd., the Director of Sales will be responsible for managing all administration and operational aspects of the sales team and developing sales activities to increase sales and profitability of seed products for CANTERRA SEEDS.
This role can be situated anywhere in western Canada.
• Manage and mentor the sales team to meet sales objectives for CANTERRA SEEDS, maximizing impact in the marketplace and return for our shareholders
• Develop and execute Territory Manager’s sales plans
• Support Territory Managers in achieving goals and objectives through the development of incentive programs and conducting annual performance evaluations
• Attend trade shows in support of Territory Managers
• Identify new sales opportunities with potential distribution partners
• Develop sales forecasts, budgets, strategic sales plans and expense controls at the field level to meet overall targets
• Establish and nurture a strong network of contacts and project a desirable image of CANTERRA SEEDS within the marketplace
• Works with the HR team to implement strategic and/or operational HR goals
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on agriculture, agribusiness, or sales & marketing
• 10 years’ experience in sales and sales management
• Prior experience developing sales strategies is desirable
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrated leadership ability with a strong aptitude for motivating and coaching staff
• Ability to analyze data and industry trends
• Strong entrepreneurial focus with an emphasis on achieving profitable results
• Strong sense of urgency
• Highly detail oriented
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
If you would like more information about this position or CANTERRA SEEDS, visit http://bit.ly/Canterra-DOS or contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8822.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Director of Sales please submit your resume in confidence to Teri@legacybowes.com quoting position # 193204.