Canada Blooms calls for feature garden applications
September 4, 2013 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
Sept. 4, 2013, Toronto — Canada Blooms is now accepting applications from businesses interested in building gardens at next year's festival.
Landscape architects, designers and design and build firms are invited to apply for the opportunity to showcase their talent, creativity, craftsmanship and professionalism in a feature garden during the festival, which runs March 14 to 23, 2014.
Applicants must submit either two 8.5 inch by 11 inch design proposal sketches, renderings or drawings, or one 11 inch by 17 inch jpeg. Applicants may also choose to submit a paragraph explaining the design and how it fits the show's "Wild" theme. A design review committee will evaluate all proposals against a pre-determined set of criteria.
Successful applicants will receive:
- Complimentary space at Canada Blooms
- Sand for construction
- Mulch for garden beds
- Access to volunteer labour
- Access to environmentally friendly propane-powered machinery
- Water for maintenance and water features
- Forced plant materials at their visual peak for purchase at wholesale prices
- Complimentary tickets to the festival
- Promotion in the Canada Blooms magazine presented to all attendees
- A link to their organization on the Canada Blooms website
- Opportunities to participate in scheduled "face to face" appointments with potential clients
All proposals must be submitted no later than Oct. 18.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Print this page