July 13, 2011 - Landscape Ontario's retail members are asked to submit their applications for the 2011 Garden Centre Awards of Excellence Program, which will be presented at Expo 2011.
“Every year Landscape Ontario Green for Life independent nurseries and garden centres showcase quality plant material and merchandising ideas that have earned them the reputation of being leading edge companies within the industry,” says Denis Flanagan, Landscape Ontario’s public relations director. “This Awards program is an excellent opportunity for these nurseries and garden centres to receive the recognition that they deserve for their hard work and dedication.”
The 14 categories in the Retail Garden Centre Program include:
Outstanding Display of Plant Material:
1. Deciduous Shrubs and/or Trees
2. Annuals and/or Perennials
3. Evergreens and/or Broadleaf
4. Your Specialty: Plant material your business is noted for
5. New Varieties: Annuals and/or Perennials
Outstanding Display of Goods:
6. Outstanding Display of Giftware
7. Outstanding Display of Hardgoods
8. Outstanding Display of Seasonal Goods
Other Merchandising Techniques:
9. Creative P.O.P. Area (Cash register or immediate surrounding area)
10. Outstanding Promotional Event
11. Outstanding Print Advertising (Company ID may be displayed. Please include three copies of print ad)
12. Outstanding Web Site Development. Use your web address as the title of your submission. (Please include one to three images featuring art from your web site for use on a plaque, or in a presentation)
Permanent Display Gardens:
13. Under 500 sq. ft.
14. Over 500 sq. ft.
Entries, along with the $75 entry fee, will be accepted until August 31, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. The winners of the 2011 Garden Centres Program will be announced and presented with Awards of Excellence plaques at a ceremony held on October 19, 2011 in conjunction with the Garden Centre Sector Group Breakfast at EXPO 2011. Winners will not be notified before the ceremony.
The Awards of Excellence Ceremony is proudly sponsored by Horta-Craft Limited, Stratroy, Ont. one of Canada’s leading suppliers of tags, labeling products and other horticultural marketing tools.
For more information about the Landscape Ontario Awards of Excellence programs, please visit www.loawards.com.
Garden centres invited to submit entries
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Nominees for cannabis awards announcedGrow Up Conference and Expo has announced nominees for its…
Funding call for local food projectsYesterday, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau, along with…
Managing Botrytis: A serious disease in greenhouse lettuceCloudy and rainy weather during the past months has resulted…
LP to reduce energy costs with new LEDsCrop LED lighting provider, Fluence Bioengineering (Fluence), has announced its…
Plug and Cutting ConferenceWed Sep 04, 2019
Salon du VégétaleTue Sep 10, 2019
GleeTue Sep 10, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
SAF ConferenceWed Sep 18, 2019
CIB SymposiumTue Sep 24, 2019
CanWestWed Sep 25, 2019