July 13, 2011 - Landscape Ontario's retail members are asked to submit their applications for the 2011 Garden Centre Awards of Excellence Program, which will be presented at Expo 2011.
“Every year Landscape Ontario Green for Life independent nurseries and garden centres showcase quality plant material and merchandising ideas that have earned them the reputation of being leading edge companies within the industry,” says Denis Flanagan, Landscape Ontario’s public relations director. “This Awards program is an excellent opportunity for these nurseries and garden centres to receive the recognition that they deserve for their hard work and dedication.”
The 14 categories in the Retail Garden Centre Program include:
Outstanding Display of Plant Material:
1. Deciduous Shrubs and/or Trees
2. Annuals and/or Perennials
3. Evergreens and/or Broadleaf
4. Your Specialty: Plant material your business is noted for
5. New Varieties: Annuals and/or Perennials
Outstanding Display of Goods:
6. Outstanding Display of Giftware
7. Outstanding Display of Hardgoods
8. Outstanding Display of Seasonal Goods
Other Merchandising Techniques:
9. Creative P.O.P. Area (Cash register or immediate surrounding area)
10. Outstanding Promotional Event
11. Outstanding Print Advertising (Company ID may be displayed. Please include three copies of print ad)
12. Outstanding Web Site Development. Use your web address as the title of your submission. (Please include one to three images featuring art from your web site for use on a plaque, or in a presentation)
Permanent Display Gardens:
13. Under 500 sq. ft.
14. Over 500 sq. ft.
Entries, along with the $75 entry fee, will be accepted until August 31, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. The winners of the 2011 Garden Centres Program will be announced and presented with Awards of Excellence plaques at a ceremony held on October 19, 2011 in conjunction with the Garden Centre Sector Group Breakfast at EXPO 2011. Winners will not be notified before the ceremony.
The Awards of Excellence Ceremony is proudly sponsored by Horta-Craft Limited, Stratroy, Ont. one of Canada’s leading suppliers of tags, labeling products and other horticultural marketing tools.
For more information about the Landscape Ontario Awards of Excellence programs, please visit www.loawards.com.
Garden centres invited to submit entries
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Starting young in the cannabis nursery gameIan Davidson doesn’t mince words when talking about opportunities in…
Researchers ID gene in tomato flavourScientists have identified a gene that could help boost the…
Carbon capture unit to divert CO2 to greenhouseA carbon capture unit has been successfully deployed at a…
Tomato virus info sessions announcedThe Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs will…
GreenTechTue Jun 11, 2019
Grower DayTue Jun 18, 2019
International Floriculture ExpoTue Jun 18, 2019
Greenhouse Biological Control ConferenceWed Jun 19, 2019
Cultivate '19Sat Jul 13, 2019
ASHS ConferenceMon Jul 22, 2019