July 13, 2011 - Landscape Ontario's retail members are asked to submit their applications for the 2011 Garden Centre Awards of Excellence Program, which will be presented at Expo 2011.
“Every year Landscape Ontario Green for Life independent nurseries and garden centres showcase quality plant material and merchandising ideas that have earned them the reputation of being leading edge companies within the industry,” says Denis Flanagan, Landscape Ontario’s public relations director. “This Awards program is an excellent opportunity for these nurseries and garden centres to receive the recognition that they deserve for their hard work and dedication.”
The 14 categories in the Retail Garden Centre Program include:
Outstanding Display of Plant Material:
1. Deciduous Shrubs and/or Trees
2. Annuals and/or Perennials
3. Evergreens and/or Broadleaf
4. Your Specialty: Plant material your business is noted for
5. New Varieties: Annuals and/or Perennials
Outstanding Display of Goods:
6. Outstanding Display of Giftware
7. Outstanding Display of Hardgoods
8. Outstanding Display of Seasonal Goods
Other Merchandising Techniques:
9. Creative P.O.P. Area (Cash register or immediate surrounding area)
10. Outstanding Promotional Event
11. Outstanding Print Advertising (Company ID may be displayed. Please include three copies of print ad)
12. Outstanding Web Site Development. Use your web address as the title of your submission. (Please include one to three images featuring art from your web site for use on a plaque, or in a presentation)
Permanent Display Gardens:
13. Under 500 sq. ft.
14. Over 500 sq. ft.
Entries, along with the $75 entry fee, will be accepted until August 31, 2011 at 4:00 p.m. The winners of the 2011 Garden Centres Program will be announced and presented with Awards of Excellence plaques at a ceremony held on October 19, 2011 in conjunction with the Garden Centre Sector Group Breakfast at EXPO 2011. Winners will not be notified before the ceremony.
The Awards of Excellence Ceremony is proudly sponsored by Horta-Craft Limited, Stratroy, Ont. one of Canada’s leading suppliers of tags, labeling products and other horticultural marketing tools.
For more information about the Landscape Ontario Awards of Excellence programs, please visit www.loawards.com.
Garden centres invited to submit entries
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
Global applicants called for Dutch cannabis classA new two-week intensive cannabis production course has just been…
Canadian packaging recognized in BerlinA Canadian food-service and packaging company took home the bronze…
Mobile app lends support to foreign workersThere’s a new mobile app for international farm workers in…
BC cannabis growers excluded from carbon tax reliefGreenhouse carbon tax relief grant applications are now being accepted…
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysTue Mar 05, 2019
Midwest Green Industry Experience – Training DaysThu Mar 07, 2019
Canada BloomsFri Mar 08, 2019
CHC AGMWed Mar 13, 2019 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
China International Floriculture & Horticulture Trade FairSun Mar 17, 2019