QR codes are becoming an essential tool for marketing campaigns of all kinds. Here are five tips to help you get the most out of using them in your own marketing:
- A number of websites can create a QR code for you for free (I like www.qrcode.good-survey.com).
- Give people a reason to scan your code. Offer a promotion or coupon.
- Think about where people will be when they see your QR code. There's no point in having one in a place where there is no cell or WIFI signal, or where people can't scan it, like on a poster in a subway car or on a billboard facing a highway.
- If the QR code takes people to your website, make sure your design is mobile friendly.
- Be aware of distance when people scane your code. The further they are, the larger the code will need to be. Typically a one inch QR code will be readable up to 10 inches away.