In large part, this is due to taking on too many responsibilities and setting unrealistic goals. So what better time than now to discover five tips that will make you more productive and less stressed in 2013.
- Focus on what's working and don't be afraid to abandon what isn't. Define how success should be measured in each area, then examine your administrative, operating and marketing processes to find those areas that are working and those that need improvement.
- Create lots of small goals instead of a few big ones. They will be easier to reach, thus keeping you motivated. Big goals take too much time to accomplish, making it easy to get distracted and lose focus.
- Clean up your image. Make sure your web site and marketing materials are current and up to date. Check out your competitors’ sites to see how you measure up.
- Create new relationships. Whether in person or through social media, make an effort to reach out to others. It's not who you know, but who knows you.
- Give yourself a life. Sure it's your livelihood, but it’s still just a job. Know when to leave the laptop at home, turn off the phone, and create an auto respond vacation email. Your sanity (and family) will thank you for it. And I guarantee no legitimate client will leave you.