Here are five tips to help you efficiently build your email list with quality contacts:
- Sign up with an email service such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp. These services will allow you to create and schedule emails and manage contact lists.
- Have an email capture form on your home page and blog. These forms are provided by your email service and are easy to customize.
- Give visitors a great reason to give you their email address. Offer a free report, an e-book or access to a special website. Experiment with different offers to see what works best.
- Ask for the minimal amount of information on your email form. A first name and email address is often enough. Asking for too much information such as company, city and phone number can be a turn off.
- Make your first email welcoming. Keep it short, friendly and be sure to include whatever you were offering. Don't give your life story or try to hard sell.