Atlantic Green Forum adds design charette
October 18, 2012 By Canadian Garden Centre & Nursery
Oct. 18, 2012, St. John’s, NL — Local, national and international speakers will explore the theme “Open Spaces in Your Community" during the 2012 Atlantic Green Forum.
Landscape Newfoundland and Labrador’s (LNL) premier event is scheduled for Oct. 29 and 30 at the Holiday Inn in St. John’s, Nfld. The event kicks off with a welcome address by Terry French, Newfoundland’s Minister of Environment and Conservation.
The forum agenda also includes presentations delivered by the following speakers:
- Ed McMahon on “Green Infrastructure: Linking Landscapes and Communities” and “Economic Benefits of Enhancing and Preserving Community Character”
- Melanie Sifton on “An Overview of the Sustainable Sites Initiative (SITES)” and “Sustainable Sites Initiative (SITES) and the Canadian Context”
- Paul Arsenault on “Applying the Principles of Sustainability: It’s Smart, It’s Simple and It’s Profitable”
- Neil Dawe on “Open Space Planning”
- John Jacobs on “Climate Change, Nature and the Developed Landscape”
- Jérémie LeBlanc, CMHC, on “Low-maintenance Landscapes that Work with Nature”
In addition to the forum, a new design charrette has been planned for Oct. 28, which will propose how the new City of St. John’s Municipal Plan can incorporate an integrated system of open spaces as a component of plan development.
Members of the public are invited to join LNL for lunch on Oct. 30 between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to hear the results of the design charette. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased by registering online at www.landscapenl.com/events.
Full conference registration is also available online.
Print this page