Aquaponics course offered onsite or via live streaming
November 2, 2016 By Dave Harrison
Nov. 2, 2016, Whitby, Ont. – NOA Fisheries is hosting a three-day aquaponics course early next week (Nov 7-9).
And if you can’t attend in person, organizers are offering live streaming of the sessions. Topics include:
• Commercial Aquaponics System Design.
• UVI Design.
• Biochar Applications in Aquaponics.
• Water Quality.
• Food Safety.
• Plant Production.
• Tilapia Breeding to Harvest.
• Plant Production with Discharge Waste.
• Greenhouse Heating and Lighting.
• Integrated Pest Management.
• Nutrition and Alternative Feed.
• Marketing and Business Plan.
• Social Media Marketing.
• Fish Health in Aquaponics.
New for this course is a session looking at decoupled aquaponics with aerobic bioreactor technology. Learn how aerobic bioreactor technology is used to produce nutrient solutions from fish effluent for aquaponics.
Speakers include Dr. Nick Savidov (Lethbridge College), Dr. Jason Danaher (Pentair Aquatic Eco-Systems), John Derksen (Lethbridge College), Fred Rutman (professor of marketing and finance), Sarah Zeldman (social media marketing expert), Cara McCreary (OMAFRA), and Steve Naylor (OMAFRA).
Click here for more information.
Print this page