Alberta green trades show goes virtual
July 13, 2020 By Landscape Alberta
The annual Green Industry Show & Conference in Alberta will be delivered via a virtual platform this year.
During these past months, Landscape Alberta has continued to monitor the evolving factors related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, particularly with regards to the Green Industry Show & Conference slated to take place this Fall.
The Province of Alberta continues to suggest strict guidelines on public gatherings, especially those indoors. Combined with the additional health and safety requirements, restriction on international and inter-provincial travel and uncertain economic recovery, Landscape Alberta’s Board of Directors has decided to replace the physical GISC in 2020 with a fully virtual conference and trade show.
“This new avenue is an exciting one and opens many new and interesting facets of the show and conference that we are excited to share with our exhibitors, sponsors and attendees.”
Virtual GISC 2020 will be held November 18-20th. The expanded schedule will allow people to balance virtual attendance with real life responsibilities. Features to look forward to include:
- Free show attendance, including several keynote speaker sessions.
- Over 20 top tier educational sessions for all aspects of the horticulture industry with registration.
- Includes both live and archived access to education sessions after the event.
- All sessions will be complaint with CEU tracking.
- Digital marketplace for the best in products and services for the landscape industry in Western Canada.
- Digital access to product demos and to meet one on one with exhibitor representatives.
- Incredible pricing to allow as many people to attend conference sessions as possible.
- Social events, including several “Virtual Happy Hour” type solutions.
- Virtual scavenger hunts and other fun activities for amazing prizes and engagement.
“GISC 2020 – Virtual is an exciting opportunity to connect and learn in the new abnormal” says Joel Beatson, CEO of Landscape Alberta. “After careful consideration of all options the Board of Directors and staff are whole heartedly committed to offering a world class virtual experience for GISC 2020”. He continued with “while we will miss the face to face connections that are so key to GISC we plan to use the technology in ways that offer improvements to the experience instead of trying to simply replicate the same event”.
Exhibitors that have already paid deposits will be offered full refunds shortly. For all other details please stay tuned to www.greenindustryshow.com for more details on registration, pricing, and conference sessions as they become available.
Print this page
Stories continue below