Beattie will appear on the Unilock Celebrity Stage and in the amphitheatre of the Parks Canada Playscape, a 4,000 square foot natural playground built by Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds.
The former host of WTN's Get Growing, Beattie is the author of three books on gardening and a regular contributor to various trade magazines. Gardening enthusiasts and novices will be able to learn from Beattie's vast experience and knowledge as he speaks about topics such as growing a healthy future, gardening in small spaces, and designing a sense of place.
Beattie will appear at the following times:
- Mar. 17 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm, and again from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the Parks Canada Playscape
- Mar. 18 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the Parks Canada Playscape
- Mar. 19 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Unilock Celebrity Stage
- Mar. 20 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm and again from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm at the Parks Canada Playscape
- Mar. 21 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Unilock Celebrity Stage
Throughout Canada Blooms, the CWF will also take part in activities in the Parks Canada Natural Playscape. This innovative, fully accessible natural park will be created from the hills, forest and bedrock of Ontario's national parks. Features include a misting forest, two trout ponds, a waterfall, a climbing wall, giant sandbox, massive ancient logs, a sideways tree to climb, a hill slide, outdoor musical instruments, an amphitheatre, and an arts and crafts area.
From 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Mar. 25, the CWF will also give attendees an opportunity to meet Hinterland Who's Who host and co-founder of the Muskoka Wildlife Centre Jody Gienow along with some of her wildlife critters.
Canada Blooms runs through Mar. 26 at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto.