Operations Manager – Roelands Plant Farms Inc.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will provide leadership to direct reports in Warehouse Operations and Transportation Divisions. The successful candidate will take accountability for Planning, Seeding, Grafting, Transplanting and Spacing initiatives.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that organizational goals and objectives relating to production, transportation and customer relations are achieved. In addition, the Operations Manager will:
* Collaborate with Senior Leadership Team to ensure business goals and strategies are realized:
* Take accountability for Production, Quality, and On-Time Delivery requirements;
* Provide leadership to Continuous Improvement initiatives;
* Provide Leadership to Quality Assurance and Facility Maintenance activities;
* Provide leadership to OH&S initiatives;
* Ensure labour costs are managed effectively based on business activities;
* Take accountability for planning, organizing and motivating direct reports to work toward a common goal of delivering quality products to valued customers;
* Provide leadership to special projects.
The successful candidate will hold a post secondary degree or diploma in Horticulture, Business, or related discipline. In addition, the ability to display the following skills and competencies is a requirement for successful performance:
* Highly effective leadership skills;
* Exceptional communication skills;
* Effective analytical skills
* Knowledge of productivity improvement & continuous improvement processes;
* Relationship building competencies with colleagues and co-workers.
* Ability to apply good judgement and solve problems under pressure.
* Skilled in leading change management initiatives.
* Ability to delegate and hold people accountable for performance and behaviour;
* Solid technical skills and understanding of Seeding, Grafting and Transplanting processes.
Hiring (and developing) good people and having the right people combinations is important to Roelands Plant Farms. Applicants interested in pursuing the opportunity to work in a people centred, service oriented culture are encouraged to respond to this posting by forwarding a resume and cover letter.